If you are a registered member of one of the four Inlandia Creative Writing Workshops and would like to submit work for consideration for the annual Writing from Inlandia anthology click here.
* * *
Thank you for your interest in Inlandia: A Literary Journey, the online literary journal for the Inlandia Institute.
Inlandia: A Literary Journey has two submission periods. The fall/winter issue is open to all writers in English. The spring issue is open to teens only; our primary interest for the spring issue is for writers between the ages of 13-19.
Above all else we want fresh, compelling writing.
* * *
The fine print:
- Submissions are invited from all writers but we are especially seeking work by writers who live or work in or write about the Inland Empire/Inland Southern California.
- By submitting work for possible inclusion in the Inlandia Institute’s online literary journal Inlandia: A Literary Journey you acknowledge that any work that you present is your original work.
- We will consider work that has been previously published in print, as long as it is not accessible online.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please notify us promptly if work is accepted elsewhere.
- We acquire First Online Electronic Rights with non-exclusive archival permissions.
How to submit:
- Please submit no more than 5 poems (any style, any length), 1 piece of nonfiction (essay, memoir, interview or book review), or 1 piece of fiction (short story, novel excerpt, flash fiction).
- If you would like to be considered as a “featured artist” please submit approximately 5 – 8 images (photos, collages, etc.); the group can be cohesive or can be a range of styles. If selected, we will include your work in a single issue, including cover art. Images related to the region or non-specific to other regions are preferable (i.e. no photos of Paris, France, but Perris, California would be fine, as would be nature photography, or urban landscapes or abstract expressionism, etc.).
- Each individual work you are submitting should be uploaded separately as a Word document (or, in the case of images, .jpg) with the title of the work as the title of the document.
- Please include a brief third-person bio that notes your tie to this region, or if no tie, where you are from and how ‘place’ influences your work.
- Please paste your cover letter into the appropriate box on the upload form. Do not include it in your file.
- Also, please let us know in your cover letter if you are able to provide an MP3 of your work, if applicable.
All submissions must now come through our electronic submissions form. Follow the link below to upload your submission.
Submit to Inlandia: A Literary Journey